Follow ze mustahd way.

For people who are interested in Arts & Culture with a short attention span that is longer than most short attention spans.

Mar 7, 2010

Fall 2010 Favourites Part 2

Hello hello! We're back with Fall 2010 Favourites Part 2. I should have posted this days ago, but I was busy. Sorry for being a little late! One thing I dislike about technology--you need to be up-to-date with everything, but I like to just sit back and digest things. Anyway, enough babbling.

To your right, that is Jasmine Di Milo. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy anything in her collection, but this dress is so cute! I love jigsaw puzzles, even though I don't do them anymore, but it was a childhood hobby. I always think it's nice when fashion--or any work of art--is reminiscent of the past.

Now, let's talk about Versace.
What's so great about these is the way they've mixed leather with fabric. It's being done quite a bit on the runways, actually. And I'm enjoying it! But what I loved most about the collection are these dresses:

 

They remind me very much of the metal dress from Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2007 collection (Lady Gaga wore it in the Paparazzi music video). I really love that dress. The difference? These looks more wearable, and have more colour. Adoooooore them.

Speaking of Dolce & Gabbana, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana really nailed it this season with their collection.

It's always effective when you make contradictions; it makes people think and give things a second look and/or thought. Here, it's about how elegant these women look without pants on.

In fact, everything in this collection was elegant.
 
 
Even that last one looks elegant! (I found this so funny, by the way).

Next up, Dsquared².

It's very sad that this collection didn't get much love. True, Dan and Dean Caton strayed far away from what they've been doing up until this point, but I still think this collection is gorgeous.
 
It's rare for me to like big patches of fuzzy fur, but this is just fabulous. I think it helped make everything look much sexier, like vampire queen clothing. These women look like they should be sitting on a giant, gruesome black throne.
 Claws on the shoulders, veins on the arms: A+.

While we're on the same spooky tone, why don't we look at Gareth Pugh?
It's no surprise, really; his clothing is always scary. It should be worn by all malevolent men and women of the world. But, I mean this is in the best way possible! I would love to see his stuffs in Sci-Fi movies. These men look like dark lords from the future, and these women...
 Look like sinister bitches. Daaaamn. And check out the makeup! Beauty at a creepy level.


I could keep going, but I don't want to overload you all with a killer-long blog post! I promise Part 3 will come quicker. Keep checking back ;)

Source: Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment