Follow ze mustahd way.

For people who are interested in Arts & Culture with a short attention span that is longer than most short attention spans.

Feb 26, 2010

Fall 2010 Favourites Part 1

Not a summary of any certain show, 'cause let's face it, I'm too lazy for that, and fashion is not my forte, but that doesn't mean I can't pick out a few things I like and share my thoughts on them with you, right? ;D

So let's proceed. ;)

To the left (to the left, everything you own in the box to the left!) that is Matthew Williamson. Honestly, what can I say? I'm a sucker for neons. Albeit, it is the easiest way to make a statement, really...but nonetheless, neons never cease to make me drool. <3 Hearts for neons!

Ok so here are some of my favourite "awkwards":

Calvin Klein
Oh baby, this is so mental hospital nurse chic. I mean, there's an atmosphere of insanity around this dress. Simple. White. Creepy. Slightly futuristic, too. All that at once, and of course, still stylish. <3 Hearts for creepy dresses. :)
Paris 68
Mini-skirt pants, yay! Well, more like tights, actually. I love it when pants give off illusions like that. It reminds me of the skort (but obviously way better). I remember in 2nd Grade when I used to wear skorts, and I loved to pull up the skirt part and surprise people..."NO! It's not a skirt, it's a SKORT!!!!!1111 I'M COVERED!"

Okay, so this is not quite the same idea, I can't pull anything up, but I can still trick people. And what makes these pants better is the fact that they are metallic. <3 Hearts for metallic illusion pants!
p.s. look at her hands LWAKEHAKFHKR!#i41y2oq <3

Louise Goldin
SPACE AGE FTW! This is so Gundam SEED! I miss that show. :(
This is so futuristic, beautiful, and sexy, all at once. Wouldn't you love to float in space while wearing this?
This is awkwardness at it's best. Look at the awkward bubble! It's like there's a baby in there! Yes, that's it, it's a baby pocket, guys. She got pregnant on the left side of her body. That is something that needs to happen to me so I have an excuse to wear this in the future.

<3 Hearts for space commander suits.

Now I am going to share with you a couple of collections that made me squeal with ultimate pleasure. Please welcome...Meadham Kirchhoff.

On Style.com, this was described as dark, goth-y, deconstructed streetwear. Call it what you want, but to me, this shit is so regal. I'm absolutely stunned. Yes, I suppose it does look like clothes you found in the garbage, but the way  Ed Meadham and Ben Kirchhoff composed all these things together works so fabulously to make these models looks like royality. Queens and Princesses of their own nations, maybe one you can find behind the wardrobe.


To me, it just reeks of royalty, each one being a different kind. Or maybe they're more like different queens for different species of subhumans, haha. <3 Hearts for trashy royalty!

Next up, the lovely Vivienne Westwood.

The best thing I love about this collection is the mish-mash, crafty feel to it. I really can't decide what it is about Vivienne Westwood's Red Label that stands out. This outfit to the right reminds me of my parents' bed cover (they look very similar). I am tempted to steal it off their bed, cut it up, sew it to make it look similar to this, and wear it in front of them. "Look, mommy, look, daddy! I'm wearing your bed covers! *whack*"

But really, I could never make it look this good.
Oh how I love the variety of coats. That first model's face reminds me of Johnny Depp. Very versatile, but again, still mish-mash, still crafty.


ISN'T THIS ONE SO REBECCA BLOOMWOOD FROM CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC? SRSLY. <3
(Sorry for the spazz).

Loved everything. <3 Hearts for crafty couture by Vivienne Westwood. :)


My ultimate favourite out of all the shows--and this is a TOUGH choice people!--I've got to say isssssssssss...Jeremy Scott.
 Why? It's probably a bit of a surprise. His collection wasn't as out-there as anything I mentioned above. But there were little things he did that, for me, were instant fashion turn-ons. In the picture above, it was the leather pants that allured me. How can I resist that? If every guy wore pants like that, they'd all be raped by me.

 
You see what I mean?! It's all just completely epic and amazing. Silhouette attached to your outfit? Doesn't get any better than that. Oversized cardigan with STYLE plastered on it large enough for the blind? I want to walk down the street, wearing that, with my arms opened wide and flapping in the air, yelling "I'm a stylish birdie!" And of course, the last outfit. Gold reflexes in various shapes on leather...it's...so...shiny! *drools* No seriously though, I love it, can I call this a shiny rocker chick look?

 Giant leather bow on your ass?! YES PLEASE!
But this.
Transcends. Everything.

Does it get any cooler than that? Walking down the runway, wearing your dress...but holding it at the same time. So clever! This is why his collection is one of my favourites (if not -the- favourite) so far.

<3 Big heart for Jeremy Scott's cunning line for Fall 2010! Bravo!

Stay tuned fer more, bb'z.

Source: Photos from Style.com

1 comment: